Followers

Saturday 19 September 2015

The Love-Hate Tag

Hi lovelies, today I've got the Love-Hate tag for you, which I was nominated for by the gorgeous Rachel from Bright Lights (click her name to see her answers to the tag). In this post, I'll be answering 10 things that I love and 10 things that I hate. This was actually much harder to answer than I thought it would be! Hope you enjoy.

10 things I love:

1. Germany. I love everything about it - the language, the food, the cities. I've always felt such a connection there, as if it was my home in a past life.

2. History. I adore all aspects of history and aspire to write historical fiction.

3. LUSH. Ugh, I'm just obsessed. I hoard the stuff! I love their ethics and their products themselves, and all of the lovely people who work there - they're always really helpful if you're unsure about something. Unfortunately, I don't get to visit much because my closest one is Birmingham, which I only go to a few times a year.

4. Polar bears. I don't know why I developed an obsession with polar bears. It started when I was about 12 and I was reading about them and was just fascinated by them. Now my bedroom is covered with polar bear posters, toys and bedding - which visitors love!

5. Friends. And I mean the TV show, not my actual friends (but I do love them too). I watch Friends every day, and because of this I have a huge woman crush on Jennifer Aniston - she's so, so gorgeous and she was the cutest thing ever in those first few seasons. *sigh*

6. The Studio Ghibli films. I've always loved these films - my top favourites are Howl's Moving Castle, Spirited Away, My Neighbour Totoro and Kiki's Delivery Service. I always watch these when I'm sick or feeling down as they just cheer me up.

7. Lasagne. It's my favourite food. If I could have it every day, I would. My mom always makes it for me on my birthday, which is part of the birthday excitement for me.

8. Candles and tarts. I like having either a candle or a wax tart on the go whilst I'm in my bedroom, as it just sets the mood of the season for me. In Autumn, my favourite candles and tarts to burn are the Season of Peace, Christmas Cookie, Cappuccino Truffle, and Frankincense. In the spring and summer I've enjoyed the Aloe Water, Black Coconut, and Midnight Jasmine.

9. Dyeing my hair. Though I hate to admit it, I have gone crazy with changing my hair this year. I started getting highlights 2 years ago, and built those up til I got to very, very blonde hair. Then I realised the blonde was super stark on my pale skin and it just looked unnatural, so I dyed it to a medium reddish brown. Then I missed my blonde hair. 

10. Bleak Expectations. This was a BBC Radio 4 series, and it was a spin of Great Expectations. It's very, very funny and I listen to it most nights as it helps me get to sleep.

10 things I hate:

1. Spiders. I've had many experiences where I've woken up to very large, very curious spiders crawling across my pillow towards my face, and I don't appreciate it.

2. Being stuck in the same place for long periods of time. I have serious wanderlust and it physically bores me to be stuck in the same country for too long.

3. Xenophobes and homophobes. I don't think I need to justify why I dislike close-minded people.

4. My anxiety. It's gotten much worse over the last 2 years, and it always puts me in uncomfortable situations.

5. Being unemployed. I left my old job last May so that I could really knuckle down and get the grades I needed for uni, but since I've finished A-Levels I have seriously struggled to find a job. My anxiety holds me back there, too, as I'm not very good at interviews.

6. Ungrateful people. In particular, people who have it really good and moan about their petty problems. It is okay to be sad about an argument with a loved one, but appreciate the fact that they're still around.

7. Getting sick. I always have a cold, year round, but I'm quite unlucky when it comes to motion sickness - I feel like I'm going to pass out if I'm in the car for more than half an hour. I also get land sickness a lot, which really freaks me out.

8. Having an untidy bedroom. I went mad this year getting rid of everything I didn't need from books to clothes to CDs, so now I have much less in my room - that means everything has a place. I like everything to stay in its place.

9. Perverted men. I live in a village, so I feel it's relatively safe for me to walk somewhere on my own. Unfortunately, whenever I am on my own, some men driving past in their cars like to shout profane language at me - I just despair at this, it feels like I can't wear the jeans and skirts and dresses that I like.

10. Ill-mannered children. I didn't utter a swear word until I was 13 years old, so the fact that the 6-year-old boy down my street calls me the C word, makes me extremely angry. I've spoken to his parents, but they are the reason why he is the way he is. His family once grouped together and swarmed me in the street whilst I was walking alone, and shouted all sorts of vile language at me. They triggered my anxiety to be as bad as it is today - but as far as the law goes, I am powerless against them.

So, that's all for my tag. I've touched on some really serious stuff here - I'm sorry if it's a bit heavy, but my blog is really helping me deal with my anxiety because I like to tell you guys about what's bothering me. I love you all so much, though, as you're all extremely supportive and understanding of anxiety and take it more seriously than all of the people around me. For that, I really thank you from the bottom of my heart.

I want to tag a couple of lovely ladies to do this tag, as I'd love to see their answers:
Lucy at Dimpled Brunette
Katie at Sincere Blonde Fashion

No comments:

Post a Comment