Followers

Wednesday 30 September 2015

My Evening Skin Care Routine

Hi guys, today I have my evening skin care routine for you. This is what I do to my skin when I've been wearing makeup - otherwise, I would do nearly the same as my morning routine, which you can also find on my blog. Hope you enjoy reading!





Firstly, I take a generous amount of the Simple Kind to Skin Purifying cleansing lotion, and rub that into my skin, starting with my face and then moving to my eyes. I find that this removes my face makeup easily without too much effort, however it does take two goes for me to get off my eye makeup. I also struggle a bit to take off dark lipstick with this. I do enjoy this product for the most part though, as it does feel gentle to my skin and does the job, and hasn't broken me out so far.







Next, I use my St Ives naturally clear apricot scrub, which 'lifts away surface dirt that can lead to blemishes'. I really, really enjoy this and have repurchased it at least three times. I had quite bad acne at around 14 years old, and this really helped me out. It is quite scrubby, so it might be too harsh for people with sensitive skin, however I don't suffer with too much sensitivity. I use this once a week, as I can find it's too much any more often than that. This really smooths out my skin, making it a more effective base for makeup, and I also find that it allows my serum and moisturiser to sink in more and do a better job. I only really use this on my T-zone, because my skin issues are mostly blackheads on my nose and hormonal acne on my chin and jawline - I have no issues with my cheeks or forehead.






Now that my face has been scrubbed, I'll use one to two pumps of my The Body Shop tea tree skin cleaning foaming cleanser. I use this to remove any last traces of my makeup remover and my face scrub. It feels really refreshing after having scrubbed my skin, and it has been helping control my acne. I've written about this more in my morning skin care routine, if you want to check that out.








Once I've toned my skin with my Organic Surge toner (covered in my morning skin care routine), I use my T-Zone rapid action spot zapping gel (middle) on any spots I currently have. I then follow with my No7 Protect and Perfect intense eye cream (right) and this rehydrates my eye area and is lasting me ages. Finally, I use my Vaseline with aloe vera on my lips, which softens and plumps them and combats the dry, chapped awfulness that I can suffer from in winter.





Next, I'll apply my No7 Protect and Perfect intense serum. I love this - it sinks into my skin wonderfully and makes me feel super hydrated but not weighed down. It actually makes a difference to my skin unlike other serums I've tried, and I've had 2 tubes of this so far - I'm fairly certain I'll repurchase it again. I don't use it every night, in honesty - I use it every other night - but that means the tubes last me twice as long, which is kinder on my bank account! I apply this before my moisturiser as it has a smaller molecular structure and sinks deeper into the skin, repairing it more effectively than a moisturiser can.





My last step in my routine is my moisturiser, and currently I'm using Superdrug's vitamin E nourishing night cream. This is alright, and I enjoy Superdrug's own brand as they're cruelty free, however if you want luxury, this isn't it. It isn't a joy to your senses, but it does the job, and my skin when I wake up isn't an oil slick or a dry desert - it looks plump and healthy. I probably won't repurchase it as I like to try things out, but I won't be throwing it away as it serves it's purpose in my opinion.


That's all I do on my night time skin care routine, I hope you enjoyed reading. Leave me a comment about your favourite skin care products, as I'm always looking for new ones to try out!
- Amelia

No comments:

Post a Comment