Followers

Thursday 10 September 2015

LUSH Collection: Bath Bombs and Bubble Bars


Hi my lovely pumpkins, today I'm writing a little post with mini-reviews of the bath bombs and bubble bars that I currently own from LUSH. The following are the ones that I have in my collection at the moment, but I can do a post reviewing all of the ones I have tried so far if anybody would be interested in seeing that. These are all products that you would use to scent and colour your bath water, and bubble bars add bubbles to your bath when they're crumbled under the running tap.


 This is the Yuzu and Cocoa bubbleroon. A bubbleroon is a bubble bar shaped like a macaron. This is the old version of it, and it has recently been reformulated and the shape has changed. This contains coconut oil and shea butter, making it very moisturising and great for dry skin. This smells like a blend of shea butter and chocolate, meaning it satisfies any sweet cravings you might have. There's also some citrus oils in there which help to boost your mood, so if you're feeling a bit groggy, unwind with this one and envelope yourself in gorgeous chocolate-scented bubbles. I get two uses out of these - one time I actually overflowed my bath with bubbles by putting the whole thing in!

This is the Rose Jam bubbleroon, similar to Yuzu and Cocoa but in a much prettier colour and has the signature Rose Jam scent from LUSH. This has also now been reformulated to contain some sparkles now, which I will definitely try out. This has the scent of lemon, rose, geranium, coconut oil and shea butter. If you don't like the scent of roses, don't let the name deter you as it is not a heady 'old lady-like' rose scent that many rose-scented products are. It is much more subtle and the lemon makes it a peppy treat, whilst shea butter and coconut oil make it super skin aiding. Again, I recommend splitting it in half to get two uses out of it. 

 Tisty Tosty is a lovely bath bomb stuffed with rose buds which float around your bath, making you feel like you're in a Shakespeare play, as it is based on a medieval love potion. It is scented with orris root powder, rose, lemon, geranium, and jasmine, but it is not a very complex scent which you need to work your head around. However, this is not particularly moisturising and, apart from the lovely rosebuds, isn't an exciting spectacle to watch as it dissolves. Many people choose LUSH bath bombs as aspell-binding show to watch in their bath tubs, however this is not the most colourful bath bomb they provide. If you prefer colourful bath bombs, go for Dragon's Egg or Fizzbanger.

This is one half of the Christmas exclusive Christmas Eve bubble bar, which is very very lovely in my opinion. This comes out a gorgeous light blue colour in the bath. The blue was much brighter originally, but as I keep my bath bombs and bubble bars in a bowl by my window, they have been bleached a bit by the sun. This smells thoroughly as jasmine, which I adore - it's one of my favourite scents. It is regarded as an Aphrodisiac, however this is very calming to me, and I will be using it for my bath on Christmas Eve this year to set me in the spirits for the next day and help me fall asleep.


This is Armandopondo, a bubble bar which has recently been discontinued from LUSH. This is pretty sad for me as it's another scent that I find really uplifting and comforting. It smells of rose and lemon, and creates heaps and heaps of bubbles. This was quite skin-softening, but not on the same level as the bubbleroons. 
This is the Rose bath bomb and was an exclusive product from the Mother's Day 2015 range. It smells very subtly of roses, and is really lovely for your skin as it has soy milk in it, kind of like what Cleopatra used to keep her skin soft and smooth. It isn't a colourful bath bomb however, so if you're expecting lots of pretty colours, this isn't the one for you. If you like simplicity and subtle scents that won't give you a headache, look out for it if you can.

So, that's all of the bath bombs and bubble bars that I own from LUSH at the moment. I'm also going to do a post on my hair and skin care products that I own, as well as other body products such as shower gels etc. Comment down below if you have any suggestions or comments on this post or the rest of my blog - thanks!
- You Amelia

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yuzu and Cocoa, for sure! If I could only have one Lush product, that would be it! Have you tried any Lush products? :) Thank you for commenting on my blog, I really appreciate you reading! X

      Delete
    2. No problem! Your blog is interesting! I've never tried any Lush products before but i totally want to.

      Delete