Followers

Sunday 6 September 2015

Essie's 'Penny Talk'

Essie's 'Penny Talk'


How it looks on the nail

Hello pumpkins. I just wanted to share with you something I think would be lovely for fall-time. This is Essie's 'Penny Talk', recently gifted to me by my mum who went to the States a couple of weeks ago. This has quickly become my favourite nail varnish, even as someone who is pretty ambivalent when it comes to nail care - as you can see, mine are pretty short and I'm not very good at painting them! However, this has lasted on my nails without chipping for about 5 days, and I'm someone who incessantly picks at labels and anything that could ruin my nail varnish. Plus I only applied one coat and it was completely opaque - wow! This costed by mum $8, which is £5.27. From what I've seen, that's much lessexpensive than what we can get it for here in the UK. Currently at Superdrug, the Essie nail varnishes are going between £8 and £10, making this one a bargain. As I said, I don't really care all too much about nail varnishes, so I personally wouldn't spend above £3 if I were buying one for myself, however this would make a lovely stocking filler for ladies, so I will definitely bear this colour and other Essie polishes in mind for birthdays and Christmas, as I feel that the quality is worth it and that many ladies would appreciate a gift like this.
P.S. My candle in the background is Yankee Candle's Red Raspberry, a new release for this summer, I believe. It has been gorgeously scenting my house for the last 3 months, and there's a week or so before I'll be switching it out for a more fall-appropriate scent.
Thank you for reading! - Your Amelia




7 comments:

  1. You might like bikini so teeny by essie. It's a really pretty light blue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the recommendation! I've seen so many YouTubers talk about that one, I might pick it up now that I've seen that they're awesome quality :) I'll give your blog a follow, thanks so much for reading!

      Delete
  2. this nail polish is absolutely stunning! xx

    Rose
    http://www.lepetitrianon.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's gorgeous, I prefer colours more leaning towards rose gold than copper, otherwise they're a bit too orange for me xx

      Delete
  3. I've never seen essie do a colour like this at all! I might pick one up for autumn!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really unique! I've seen gold and copper but both of those are too harsh on me so this was a nice blend of the two, thank you for stopping by! XX

      Delete