Followers

Wednesday 23 September 2015

My Morning Skin Care Routine

Hi guys! Today I have a post telling you my morning skin care routine. My morning skin care routine is quite basic, as I do the brunt of the work in my night-time routine, which I will definitely post, too. 




Okay, so I start my morning skin care with washing my hands. This is extremely important and I find it's helped my skin a lot - after all, there's not much point in washing your face if you're going to wash it with unclean hands. Once I've washed my hands, I wet my face with lukewarm water that opens up my pores but won't scald my skin. I then get one pump of my Tea Tree foaming facial wash by The Body Shop and apply that all over my face, washing in circular motions, for about one minute. I rinse that off really well, and I dry with a clean towel which I use only for my face. This is also another way that you can minimise the spreading of bacteria onto your face.





Next, I grab a cotton round and soak it with my Organic Surge orange flower toner, which is very gentle for your skin, as it contains no colourants, parabens, SLS and synthetic fragrances, and is 98.8% naturally derived. I sweep this over my face and it removes any residue from my facial wash and also any makeup from the night before that may still be lingering on my skin.




Lastly, I reach for my Superdrug Vitamin E Day cream which has SPF 15 (perfect for autumn and winter as we have less sun exposure) and apply a fairly generous amount to my skin. I quite like this stuff, as it's cheap and cheerful and doesn't make my T-zone too oily throughout the day. It is also quite a good base for makeup as it smooths down my flaky dry areas around my nose.



So, that's my quick 5-minute three-step routine for the morning. It's very simple, but it's all I can bring myself to do at 07:30 a.m., really! I like to treat my skin with a more complex routine at night-time, which I'll tell you about in a later post. Hope you enjoyed reading today's post - this routine, when used daily, keeps my skin clean and looking fresh.
- Amelia




No comments:

Post a Comment