Followers

Monday 7 September 2015

FOTD: Very Lazy Sunday (6th Sept.)






Hi my little pumpkins. Today I'm showing you my Face of The Day from last Sunday the 6th of September. I was feeling quite lazy and wasn't going anywhere in particular so I kept it nice and simple - not foundation, no eyeliner, and a shimmer brick as my highlighter, blush and bronzer.
Face: I applied my 2True 3-in-1 Concealer (very very cheap) in the shade 1 using my Real Techniques stippling brush which makes practically any face product look nice, to my under-eyes, blemishes and high points of my face to highlight a bit. I then set it with my Rimmel Stay Matte powder in the shade 001 Transparent using my cheap-and-cheerful Fraulein powder brush that I bought online. After that, I used all of the shades in my George shimmer brick on my cheeks to highlight, blush and contour my face just slightly, enough to bring some colour and light back to my very pale skin.
Eyes: Now I curled my lashes really well, as I didn't want to apply eyeliner so I wanted to accentuate my lashes as much as I could. Then, I applied my Seventeen doll'd up mascara, which is kinda like the Benefit's They're Real, but not quite as lovely. Then, I took some of my elf bronzer in the lightest shade and applied that to my crease, blending it out well with my trusty Seventeen eyeshadow brush, which I adore. Then I applied a bit of the highlighter shade from the George shimmer brick to the inner corners of my eye and this brought so much light to my face - love!
Lips: I glided on my favourite nude lipstick, the Bourjois Rouge Edition lipstick in number 39 Pretty In Nude, which is definitely a 'my lips but better' shade. Following that I applied some of my Miss Selfridge lipgloss in the shade Pouty Parris, which has a few discreet sparkles in it to bring life to pale skin.
So, that's it! It's always fun to do a little bit of quick makeup, and this is great for those days where you feel the need to put a little bit on but you're not trying to look like you're about to walk the red carpet. Oh, and, as for brows... I didn't do anything with them, for the first time in a while! This is because I dyed my hair this dark colour a few days ago and cut myself this thick full fringe, which covers up my brows. I used to have this hairstyle years ago but it is still taking me some getting used to as I was blonde for a couple of months before this. If anyone wants to read about my experience going blonde from naturally brunette hair, I would be happy to write a post on it. Just leave me a little comment down below with any requests or questions you'd like me to answer.
- Your Amelia

2 comments:

  1. I also have this Bourjois lipstick but in shade Beige Shooting and it's so lovely, definitely among my favourite ones. In my opinion, these lipsticks are the best matte listicks in drugstore!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment! I love mine too, it's so comfortable to wear. I hate when my lips feel too dry from overly matte lipsticks, plus I have dry lips year round and this is the only matte lipstick that doesn't exaggerate the dryness!

      Delete