Followers

Tuesday 15 September 2015

LUSH Collection: Haircare

Hi lovelies, today I have my haircare selection from Lush. I'll have some mini-reviews below with how I've felt about each product. Hope you enjoy!


Left to right: Montalbano, Jason and the Argan Oil, Ultimate Shine. All of these are shampoo bars that I personally love. Montalbano is a lemon-scented olive-filled bar which lathers beautifully and is fairly clarifying but not drying to the hair. It adds a nice shine to the hair, and I think it would be particularly good for blonde hair and red hair. Secondly, Jason is a lovely and softening Rose Jam scented shampoo. It is infused with argan oil which is softening, strengthening and moisturising to the hair, and it is said to be good for fine hair - however, I have fairly thick hair so I can't really vouch for this. It left my hair smelling lovely, but I don't think there's anything that really sets it apart from other argan oil shampoos, other than it's weightlessness. And thirdly, Ultimate Shine supposedly smells like jasmine but I personally can't smell this - it is now a discontinued product. I find that it is good at infusing shine, however no better than Montalbano does for me. I'm not mad on the scent, but it is alright.

 Left to right: Jungle solid conditioner, American Cream conditioner, Retreat conditioner. Jungle is filled with fruit, butters and oils to moisturise and tame wild hair. Many people do not rate this, however I really quite like it and I would recommend this if you are trying to travel with just hand luggage as it would not have to be packed in your liquids bag. I've used it several times and it keeps my hair lightweight and shiny! Finally, Retread is a thick, deep conditioner which is intended to help mend your hair. I have used mine twice, only on the midlengths and ends which is why I haven't used much. At £10.75 a tub, I am not willing to use much at once! This is rather nice, and since I cut my hair shorter in April, I've wanted to keep it as healthy as possible so that I could grow it to be longer and healthier in the long haul. I'm not a huge fan of the scent (hated it when I first bought it but used to it now), I think it's the cantaloupe and a mixture of the oils that give it it's strange scent. However, you can just tell that it's going to be very restorative and luxurious for damaged hair.


Left to right: Big sea salt shampoo, I love Juicy shampoo. I am very much enamoured with my Big shampoo - it's the best shampoo I've used for making my hair shiny, and I love the orange blossom scent, very floral and lovely. This is one of Lush's most raved about products and I agree that it is very nice, however it is expensive (£12.25 for 330g) so I only use it for special occasions, when I want my hair to impress. I would recommend it as something to use now and then, but I think personally it is too costly to use every single hair wash. I love Juicy is a very clarifying shampoo filled with fruit enzymes which help to deep clean the hair. This is what I use when there's some serious build-up in my hair that I just can't budge with my normal shampoos. I'm not very keen on the smell personally, as it's a very very strong scent of lemon and papaya which just blows me away when I smell it. It doesn't linger so strongly on the hair, however, so I can bear to use it. It is nice, but probably would be too harshly clarifying for the hair to use often - maybe once a week or once every two weeks.

That's everything for this one, pumpkins. Hope you enjoyed reading about my Lush haircare collection, I do rate a couple of these and will repurchase when I run out. If you've got any further questions, leave them down below!
- Amelia

No comments:

Post a Comment