Followers

Monday 14 September 2015

Fall Essentials 2015


Hi pumpkins, today I've got a post to celebrate the arrival of Fall! This is my fall essentials - some of the things that make fall special to me. Hope you enjoy!






Pumpkin everything! These are my very lovely pumpkin spice cupcakes that go down a treat with all fans of pumpkin and fall. I glazed them with maple syrup icing to make them extra special. I can post the recipe for this on my blog if anyone is interested in trying them out for themselves.









Thigh-high socks and knitted tights are an essential for me because they keep me warm when I want to wear skirts and dresses in the colder weather. Plus, they both look extremely cute with boots! These are found in most clothes shops - mine were from Next and I bought them last year.









Time with friends and loved ones is really important all year round, but I always find fall really special- getting caught in the rain together always makes for a funny, happy memory. This picture was from a trip to Brussels with my boyfriend last year.












Chelsea boots are one of my favourite style essentials and come in really handy in fall when it often rains and there's leaves covering the floor. They're more sturdy than flats or slip-ons, and go with pretty much everything. Mine were in the Clarks sale, reduced to £40, and I've worn them so much already - I can tell I'll be glued to them for fall.







Another thing I like to do for fall is switch out my perfumes, putting aside my heavily floral and sweet scents that I like to wear for summer and changing them for darker, more sultry, masculine scents that call for dark clothes and dark lip colours. This is La Lune number 18 from Dolce and Gabbana. It's described as floral with a hint of leather, and has notes of lily, tuberose and musk. I loved this last fall and winter and I'm sure it will last me until at least next fall, too.





A good hair mask is a must for post-summer hair. After swimming in pools, the ocean and being under the sun, our hair needs some TLC. This one here that I've used a few times so far is the ORS Coconut Oil - it's a wax-like texture that you smooth over your mid-lengths and ends and leave on for a few hours before thoroughly (and I mean thoroughly - use your most clarifiying shampoo) washing out. This makes my hair feel less frizzy and seals my split ends nicely. There's tonnes of hair masks out there so have a hunt for ones that suit your hair needs.





It's not just our hair that needs some TLC after the heat of summer. I find that my skin becomes drier with the changing weather, so I like to give it a good moisturise every day, or at least every other day. This is my Boots extracts cocoa butter body butter - my favourite line of the Boots extracts range. This not only smells beautiful, but deeply hydrates skin. I love to use this after I've shaved my legs as it cools and hydrates them, keeping them smoother and softer for longer.






Berry lips. Need I say anymore? This is an obvious one for the colder and darker months - they go together like strawberries and cream. This one here is my Clinique Chubby Stick intense in the colour 06 roomiest rose. This one is great for year round as you can sheer it out in spring or summer or apply it a bit more heavily to create a sublime pink-berry colour. I find that this isn't too harsh on my pale skin, but it brings the focus to your lips. I love it particularly as it is so nourishing, and not drying in the slightest!



That's all I have for this post! I hope you enjoyed reading my fall essentials. What are some of your fall essentials?
- Amelia

2 comments:

  1. I'd love to see the cupcake recipe, they look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm really happy you want to see them! I'll post the recipe in the next few days! :)

      Delete