Followers

Saturday 12 September 2015

LUSH Collection: Soaps and FUN

Hi lovelies, so you've got the gist of it now - I'm writing some posts covering everything I currently have in my LUSH collection, and today it is the soaps and FUN. Hope you enjoy!



This is Cupid's Love soap from the Valentine's 2014 and 2015 ranges. This is amazing. It has pomegranate and fig so it's a fruity delight which lathers up wonderfully. I have a 250g piece which I've used a few times and I've hardly made a dent in it. The design is also lovely, with a white heart running through the centre. It is such a romantic soap, and it makes me feel lucky to be alive when I use it. Very uplifting.


These are two chunks of the Sultana of Soap, which is a permanent soap from LUSH. It is deliciously scented of currants, olibanum oil and geranium oil. The oils are really hydrating for the skin, and the currants in it help to really gently slough away dead and dry skin cells. If you've got sensitive skin, this will be so very lovely for you as it doesn't dry you out like cheap soap does.


 This is Reindeer Rock, a soap from the Christmas 2014 range. It is a beautiful fruity, berry scented soap. Furthermore, the colour is absolutely glorious! It's a dark wine red which makes me think of warming mulled wine - perfect for fall and winter. It also has a very sweet design, with reindeer cut outs on the surface, sprinkled with tiny little pieces of silver glitter, which leaves your skin subtly sparkling - not quite like Edward Cullen, but still pretty sexy.


Porridge soap is amazing for year-round. This is from the permanent range, and is sweetly scented of treacly porridge and orange juice, like a comforting, yummy breakfast. It has many oats throughout which gently exfoliate, making it suitable for day-to-day usage. The lather isn't soapy and harsh, it is extremely creamy and comforting, like a thirst-quencher for dry skin.


This is a bar of LUSH's pink FUN, which is similar to a bubble bar but in a consistency like play dough that you can mould into different shapes. I use this for everything - bubble bath, body wash, shampoo and once I even used it to clean our dishes in a caravan when we ran out of soap on the last day. It is very multi-functional and the sweet candy smell hangs around for ages!


So, that's all for today's post on LUSH's lovely soaps. I hope you enjoyed reading this - leave me a comment below with anything you want to say!
- Amelia

2 comments:

  1. Which of these would you recommend to a Lush newbie like me? I want to get into nice soaps but I don't know where to start.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! It depends on your needs - if you want a simple soap from Lush and like sweet scents then go for Godmother or Rockstar (candy scents) or Honey I washed the Kids (honey scented), if you like more sultry scented things that are less girly then Karma is a good one! If you want something with scrubbing in it that you could avoid using a separate body scrub then Porridge is amazing. Of all of the permanent range soaps, Porridge is my favourite. I'd go in-store if possible and describe the scents you like and either get a little sample and see if you like it or buy a little piece of a couple of soaps to find out what things you're attracted to 😊 X

      Delete